Kapat
..yükleniyor..
Kapat
İşi müzik olanlar, işlerini GaRaJ'da tanıtıp, müzisyene ulaşıyorlar. GaRaJ rehberini inceleyin.

reddit.com/r/istanbulmusic

• xxxx xxxxxx • 25 Mart 2017 04:10 • #641866
    Calling original musical acts!

I've discovered a handful of pretty cool groups currently operating in Istanbul and - not only would I like to discover more - I'd like the ones that I have found to gain larger crowds. After a few years of living here, I'm excited to have finally stumbled across the musical community outside of tribute acts and I think other people would get a kick out of it.

Eventually, I'll get around to buying a domain name and writing some crude CSS for a website that's still in its planning stages. This summer, I'm planning on writing long-form profile pieces for acts that I particularly like but, currently, I've got some other projects going and I can't dedicate as much time to doing interviews as they would deserve. For now, I'm content to just go to shows, discover new music and curate the stuff that I like.

I need your help with that! If you know of any underground/amateur musicians or groups with upcoming performances, please let them know to advertise their events on /r/istanbulmusic (or post them yourselves). If they have recorded material, post that as well. I know that I, for one, would be highly appreciative of anyone who can hip me to some cool new sounds. If you just want to drop by and see what's getting posted, that's just gravy.

I'm mostly interested in music that could be made by your friends and co-workers. My personal preference happens to be for 'rock'-oriented material but /r/istanbulmusic should be a platform for all kinds of original music (a buddy of mine actually wrote his MA thesis about a rap group based out of Çekmeköy, which I thought was really cool)

Thanks for reading!

(PS I'm working on translating the subreddit's sidebar ama benim turkçe çok fucking sucks bunun için yavaşım ama sonra çevireceğim eventually. Ders yapıyorum!)